High Efficiency Hybrid A/C Units and Related Hardware
Additional technical documents on the Hybrid A/C units below.
Click on item names in green for a data sheet or picture of the product.
|Hybrid A/C||SolCool||SCO24 V3||New||3,400.00||900.00|
|Water Cooler (bottled water)||Livart||LV-210 (no hot)||New||207.56||60.00|
|Water Cooler Dispenser||Aquacell||Aquacell-1000||New||995.00||225.00|
|Water Cooler Dispenser||Aquacell||Aquacell-1000||Demo||995.00||100.00|
|Solar Mounting Brackets||SolCool||New||5.00||1.00|
|A/C Condenser (image)||Tecumseh||AJA2429ZXAXA||New||704.64||395.00|
|Refrigerant Solonoid Valve||Emerson||New||200.00||50.00|
|A/C Duct Add-on||SolCool||New||20.00||5.00|
The SolCool Version 3 (see photo below) is a revolutionary low-power unit that runs internally on DC power. The SolCool can plug into a standard 110-volt wall socket if available, but also uses a combination of 12-volt solar/back-up batteries for its internal grid such that it can be operated completely from solar panels or a wind turbine. Its modular form fits any type of residence or commercial building, from a single-family home to a condo tower to a professional office space to a warehouse. Each Version 3 unit uses 80% less electricity and provides about 2 tons of cooling with a 67 SEER rating. In the Las Vegas valley, each unit will cool about 800sq/ft. The advanced design of the system does not add any humidity to the air inside the structure.
We recommend the SolCools be use in conjunction with a traditional A/C unit where the SolCool is set 2-3 degrees below the regular A/C thermostat. This will save a considerable amount of electricity without sacrificing any performance during peak heat of a summer day in the desert. The system is controlled by a standard A/C thermostat.
One benefit of the SolCool system is that the solar panels charge an internal AGM battery bank (included). This means the A/C keeps on chugging long after the sun has gone down and you want to sleep in comfort – particularly if the unit is cooling a cabin completely off the grid. Even better – because the unit will run from the internal batteries, SolCool keeps cooling even in a blackout or brownout. The unit has a high-end 110V/12V power inverter so you can use it as an alternative energy source, plugging in lights or a ceiling fan so you can be fully equipped if the lights go out.
- EER: 980.5
- BTU : 24000
- Particulate Reduction: >40%
- Voltage: 120/12
- Cooling capacity: 2.2-ton
- Dimensions: 5’0″X3’0″X3’0″
- Weight: 325 lb
- Water Capacity: Self-regulating
- Reservoir Temperature: 37° Fahrenheit
- Warranty: 3 year limited warranty*
- Refrigerant: 404A 1 lb
- Compressor: ½ HP Tecumseh, (6 Amp AC)
- Direct CFM: 1200
- Protection: Housing and select interior components treated with Aqua Armor
- Construction: AC Platform Cabinet is 22 Gauge Powder Coated Steel
- Paint: Powder-coated, baked-on
- Q: If we run the SolCool (2 ton) entirely and only on grid power, how much is the exact Wattage it uses?
A: 1300 watts
- Q: In the Internet the system is specified as a 2 ton system, could you clarify what the exact capacity of refrigeration is? (does 1 ton equal 12’000 BTU/h or 13’440BTU/h in your calculations)
A: 2.2 ton w/additional CFM’s
- Q: How much humidity will the SolCool remove if the relative humidity is around 71-85%?
A: It removes 20% humidity.
- Q: For an air duct installation, if done, What is in your experience the maximum length of the ducts before you lose cooling capacity or air speed?
A: About 25ft
- Q: What is your recommended maximum length of wiring before the direct current loses too much power? (In case of ceiling fan, lighting and solar panel-battery pack distance).
- Q: Is the solar panel included with the unit?
- Q: What are the specifics for the Solar panel connection besides watt,amps?
A: 12 volt D/C
- Q: What is the expected lifetime of the overall system?
A: 15-20 years
- Q: Could you provide a list of all spare parts pricing?
- Q: Can the wet pads be cleaned or are they entirely replaced?
A: They need to be replaced – std pad material
- Q: Is the battery protected from discharging below the 50% optimalpoint?
- Q: Can the battery power be extended by simply adding additional battery packs and higher capacity solar panels? Will that require changes to the SolCool electrical system?
A: We can extend battery power with no electrical changes
- Q: Can you clarify what role of the Cool guard is? Is it optional or integral? And what its purpose is?
A: It helps maintain water temperature
- Q: What is the optional water tank used for specifically?
A: It is used where no water source is available so is not needed where a water supply line is available.
- Q: What is the specific water consumption of the system, if any?
A: It consumes approximately 5 gallons per week.
- Q: For the 100% return install, does that mean that the SolCool will absolutely draw no additional air from outside?
- Q: What is the weight and dimension of a SolCool?
A: It weighs about 325 lbs and measures 3×3 ft around the base.
- Q: Is it an evaporative system?
A: It uses a compressor to chill water not evaporation.
- Q: Can the unit run from a large battery bank or exclusively from the included battery?
A: Yes, it can run from a large battery bank.
- Q: What is the unit’s power rating at what duty cycle?
A: 1300 watts at 100% duty cycle.
- Q: What is the maximum water quality needed? Is tap water ok? Does it need to be filtered? Softened? Distilled?
A: Tap water is fine – we recommend a carbon filter to reduce the mineral build-up on the pads and internal unit parts.
- Q: List of components, installation check list, tools required for maintenance and commissioning.
A: Standard A/C maintenance tools – all wear parts are available from a HVAC supply outlet.
- Q: What is the minimum output air temperature that this machine can obtain if outside temperature is 100 degrees F with atmospheric relative humidity of 40%?
A: 55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Q: How many hours will it operate if only on fully charged battery?
A: 3 hrs D/C side only
- Q: How many liters/gallons of water will it consume per fill? If at all, when do we replace this water?
A: Continues to water feed for it has a float.
- Q: Does the PCM (Phase Change Material) need to be changed, replaced or maintained in any way?
- Q: Are there any special skills needed in terms of maintenance/installation/commissioning?
A: No – just standard HVAC install and maintenance.
- Q: What is the output flow of the air from the blower, draft fan, wind flux in ft/hr³ or m/hr³?
A: 1400 cfm’s
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-588-2523